First Draft Magazine Cover

 Making this magazine cover was a bit of a struggle because the colors kept on fighting with the background to be seen with the text I tried every color and I tried putting something behind the letters so it could make the letters pop out and be seen but it was just not working with me I moved the text box everywhere around the magazine to see if it could look better and I ended up just switching the two text boxes. I felt like if I left the magazine cover alone without text boxes that it was going to look very plain and boring and most of the magazines that I know of and that have been seen mostly have text boxes some of them even have the whole magazine covered in text boxes. I decided that I was going to do two front page covers to see which one comes out better that was the first one that I just described.

For the second one that I designed I decided to use a different picture and instead of having the standard idea that was in my head like for the first one I just decided to let go and try anything and everything I feel like I expressed myself more with the second one I did have the same problem as the first one though I was fighting with the background for the text to be seen I also added more elements on the cover that make it look more alive. For the title I wanted to put some designs around it but the color was not being seen and it looked tacky so I tried a different approach I added lines instead and designs around the top of the lines. I also decided to change the font for the title because since the first magazine cover had no designs the font was more thick and spread across the magazine and since this one does have magazines I changed the font so it would not take up much space.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creative Reflection

Actual full magazine